April 19, 2008

May Family Arts Festival

I had five pieces chosen to be hung for a family arts festival this May in downtown Springfield. Oddly enough, the Cultural Council didn't give participating artists a whole lot of details about what this festival is really going to be like. What I do know is this: there's going to be a festival taking place the weekend of May 17th-18th. It coincides with the big annual pancake breakfast. I'm not sure what the rationale for that is--maybe because lots of people will already be lured downtown with the promise of free pancakes. And pancakes and art are both yummy. Anyway, pieces will be hung May 1st throughout the downtown area. There will be opportunities for sales and also to be part of ongoing exhibits in partnership with downtown businesses. There's going to be a reception May 17th as well as two artist workshops on grant writing and growing your business. Both I expect to be very helpful.

Apparently there's going to be a few more art festivals throughout the summer and fall. I will keep you posted. Hopefully I will be able to show more work for those. I'm not sure where exactly my work is going to be hung, but I will keep you posted on that as well. This will be my first "official" public showing as an artist. Very exciting!

The following works were selected:









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. i cant say much about pancakes, but your art, scrumptious.

Ms Dragonfly said...

Ooo, love the hands :)

Anonymous said...

such powerful expressions on the faces and the colors are magical
-Jenny